The Most Trusted Name in Electron Beam Welding & EB Additive Manufacturing Solutions in the World
Established in 1939, Sciaky, Inc. is the most trusted provider of advanced welding systems and job shop welding services in the fabrication market. Our wide selection of electron beam welders, electron beam additive manufacturing (EBAM™) solutions and advanced arc welders makes us the most versatile welding solutions supplier on the planet.
Sciaky is at the forefront of electron beam welding technology and pioneers of metal additive manufacturing (AM) processes, also referred to as 3D printing. We are dedicated to world-class engineering, as well as extensive research and development. When you talk to Sciaky about your 3D printing or welding requirements, you're dealing with the best in the business.
Located in Chicago, Illinois, Sciaky's world headquarters occupies more than 140,000 square feet of clean and modern facilities. All welding services, design, manufacturing, hardware and software development, testing, as well as research and development is conducted here. We are always open to setting up tours of our headquarters.
Sciaky is a subsidiary of Phillips Services Industries, Inc.
- Sciaky, Inc. is founded in 1939.
- Sciaky is a key supplier of resistance welding systems used to make warplanes for the U.S. military during World War II.
- Sciaky produces its first Electron Beam (EB) welding system in 1957.
- Sciaky becomes a major supplier of EB welding systems used to make F14 jets in 1969.
- Phillips Service Industries, Inc. (PSI) acquires Sciaky in 1994.
- In 1995, Sciaky begins research on a new manufacturing process using an Electron Beam and wire feedstock.
- In 2009, Sciaky launches its Electron Beam Direct Manufacturing process as a service option.
- In 2011, Sciaky was selected by Lockheed Martin Aeronautics for the Department of Defense (DOD) Mentor-Protégé Program with the focus of this agreement being the additive manufacturing of titanium structural components for Lockheed Martin's F-35 aircraft program.
- In 2012, Sciaky entered a partnership with Penn State University, via DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) funding, to advance Direct Digital Manufacturing (DDM) technology with the goal of advancing and deploying DDM technology for highly engineered and critical metallic systems to the Department of Defense (DOD) and U.S. industry.
- In 2014, Sciaky begins delivering turnkey Electron Beam Additive Manufacturing (EBAM™) systems to the commercial market.