EBAM® Drives Innovation for Many Applications and Industries
Although “big metal” aerospace applications drove our early process development, Electron Beam Additive Manufacturing (EBAM®) is beneficial for a wide range of industries and applications where reducing costs and lead times of metal part production is a top priority.
In fact, Sciaky’s EBAM process produces the highest metal build rate and quality in the additive manufacturing (AM) market. Click here to read about how we helped Lockheed Martin realize a 80% reduction in the time it takes them to manufacture a spacecraft fuel tank, for example.
The best material candidates for EBAM applications are high-value metals with long lead times (for raw material) that can be manufactured with wire feedstock.
Here are some examples of industries and metal applications that EBAM is ideal for:
- Aircraft frames, structures, and parts (view case study)
- Jet Engines
- Rocket / Missile / Propulsion
- Oil & Gas Equipment
- Turbine Blades for Energy Production
- Nuclear Components
- Refractory Metal Components
- Ballistic Materials (for military vehicles and tanks)
- Medical Equipment
- Cladding of Critical Surfaces for Corrosion or Thermal Barrier Protection
- Industrial Pump Components
- Power Generation
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
- Tooling Repair and Reconditioning
- Marine Propulsion
Sciaky has worked with the following metals:
- Titanium and Titanium alloys
- Inconel 718, 625
- Stainless Steels (300 series)
- 2319, 4043 Aluminum
- 4340 Steel
- 70-30 Copper Nickel
- 70-30 Nickel Copper
Contact us if you have questions about an EBAM application. Sciaky will review your design and propose a solution that includes cost and lead time.