EBAM™ Drives Innovation for Many Applications and Industries
Although “big metal” aerospace applications drove our early process development, Electron Beam Additive Manufacturing (EBAM) is beneficial for a wide range of industries and applications where reducing costs and lead times of metal part production is a top priority.
In fact, Sciaky’s EBAM™ process produces the highest metal build rate and quality in the additive manufacturing (AM) market. Click here to read about how we helped Lockheed Martin realize a 80% reduction in the time it takes them to manufacture a spacecraft fuel tank, for example.
The best material candidates for EBAM™ applications are high-value metals with long lead times (for raw material) that can be manufactured with wire feedstock.
Here are some examples of industries and metal applications that EBAM™ is ideal for:
- Aircraft frames, structures, and parts (view case study)
- Jet Engines
- Rocket / Missile / Propulsion
- Oil & Gas Equipment
- Turbine Blades for Energy Production
- Nuclear Components
- Refractory Metal Components
- Ballistic Materials (for military vehicles and tanks)
- Medical Equipment
- Cladding of Critical Surfaces for Corrosion or Thermal Barrier Protection
- Industrial Pump Components
- Power Generation
- Semiconductor Manufacturing Equipment
- Tooling Repair and Reconditioning
- Marine Propulsion
Sciaky has worked with the following metals:
- Titanium and Titanium alloys
- Inconel 718, 625
- Stainless Steels (300 series)
- 2319, 4043 Aluminum
- 4340 Steel
- 70-30 Copper Nickel
- 70-30 Nickel Copper
Contact us if you have questions about an EBAM™ application. Sciaky will review your design and propose a solution that includes cost and lead time.